1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We are really close to every AFC North team injuring every other team in the division’s quarterback for the season.

Except somehow Kenny Pickett will survive it and Mike Tomlin will win 11 games, because why not?

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

In the idiocracy future, I think they’ll just have the pbp guy say “And we go down to the eye candy for 10 seconds” and the sideline reporter will say nonsensical words for ten seconds.

The same will go for weather reports on local TV news.

Either we reinvent the position and make it something worthwhile or we should get rid of it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Or maybe they’ll manufacture newsy tidbits the next few weeks and make a whole production out of it to give their sideliners some cred.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Taylor said Burrow's injury was a sprained wrist, so maybe it isn't all that severe. There are also reports that he was having a problem with his hand before the game despite not being on the injury report.

5. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Coach, 11 turnovers in the first half. How do you fix that?
    "Well, we gotta take care of the ball better."
    Thanks Coach.

Personally, I cannot enjoy a broadcast without these insightful moments.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering all the bread the NFL takes in, surprised the broadcasters don't require/demand a one minute hit going into or coming out of halftime. Aren't most halftimes dominated by the coordinators talking to their respective units anyway?

And for that matter - I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever do a "this is an NFL lockerroom at halftime" thing. Film it all - stick it in a can and then air it a year or so later. Bleep out the bad words etc. I think it would be fascinating - players, trainers, coaches doing what they do.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

College might be more interesting. NFL halftimes are over in the blink of an eye.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I think you'd be disappointed. NFL halftimes are 12 minutes. Half of that, literally, is spent walking to and from the locker room. The rest is getting a drink, getting retaped and not much else. The coaches usually meet, but the "adjustments" people think are made at halftime were already in the gameplan based on a bunch of what-ifs and most adjusting takes place on the fly. The coaches who have to get back up on the box have about a six-minute journey (when they can't leave the box to head to the lockerroom until halftime starts, maybe because of a last-second drive, they basically walk there and walk back).

JC likes this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It was all over for Herbert once Subway started paying him to eat their sandwiches …

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The league is investigating the Bengals for failing to list Joe Burrow on their injury report. The team posted a video of him before the game on Twitter that showed him wearing some sort of brace on his hand. They later deleted the video.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It would still be interesting to see, if only to realize not much goes on.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Fine coming for the Bengals. They’ll learn not to do that again. /s

Draft saved Draft deleted