1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

M-I-Z!
    Roar back from a 20-pt hole to win at Minnesota.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh man. I didn’t even both checking on that game again after a brief glance.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh, good grief. That's about as dumb as the announcers trying to set up the finish on the 24 Hours of Le Mans on the race's first lap.

maumann likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's one thing as a VT fan to say that the Hokies' loss to South Carolina probably won't age well. It's another to call it a bubble game in November. I won't look at any bracket projections until February, at the earliest.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gonna need a decent non-conference win because the ACC may not provide huge opportunities.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

She’s gonna transfer to Iowa.

sgreenwell and I Should Coco like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"No, money and fame won't change me a bit."

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Someone's getting the finger here.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Gotta admire Lunardi for single-handedly creating a cottage industry and presumably setting himself up for the rest of his life very nicely. But yeah, it's too fucking much.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

These brackets this far out are almost as insufferable as breathless recruiting “news.”

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Also, this is out of lower mid-major land, but quite interesting nonetheless. It looks like Jared Grasso is gonna be able to spin his exit enough to maintain a shot at getting another job a few years down the road, but the buzz on this guy and his programs (going back to his assistant days at Iona) has never been good and it's gotten worse the last few months (drugs, coeds and some combination thereof). Bryant was the classic mid-major that sold its soul for a single NCAA Tournament bid.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted