1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Lotta, lotta politicians -- even those whose thing is to look out for the little guy -- love 'em some high-end watches. I've never seen the attraction (of the watches).

Couple guys in my golf group have Rolexes, and one day after a round one asked the other how well his watch keeps time. Dude ... Walmart's got 'em for $20 that'll keep time about as well as an atomic clock.

Driftwood and Hermes like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My dad got a good-ish (for us poors) watch for working 50 years at his factory. Probably a $300-$500 Seiko. We went out for dinner the next Christmas and I looked at his wrist and he had on the $8.88 watch I stocked while working weekends at Wal-Mart.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’ve had a Rolex on my arm for 31 years and I bet the sum total of hours I haven’t worn it is less than 12, most of which came during surgery and MRIs. IYKYK

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't know about this movie but am certainly intrigued by this scene.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

The problem isn’t the watch. It’s his weirdness about financial disclosures juxtaposed with that watch.

The only time I’m not wearing my Submariner is when I’m biking or running and then my Garmin is on my wrist. I even sleep with it on.

11. Inky_Wretch

That note wasn’t there originally. My apologies. He’s still a weird AF dude though.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The number and quality of high-end and low-end Rolex "homages" and clones is pretty astonishing.

Rolex makes great watches - great looking, great resale - but yeah, not quite as accurate as one of these:

image.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted