1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not long ago, I was reading a book where about every other page, the protagonist referenced his Submariner. Just for shits and giggles, I looked up prices on used Submariners. Used prices were still a few month's salary. Even if I had one, I couldn't tell what time it was without my $5 reading glasses.
    I've had a watch on my wrist every day since about 1983 or 84. My current iWatch is on its last legs. My wife keeps telling me to go get a new one. I respond, "Why? I can't read the son of a bitch anyway."

wicked, Inky_Wretch and doctorquant like this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good. Make sure it dies a complete death. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 ... and please stop robbing citizens of their money by begging for "campaign contributions."

And while we're talking about hamberders, don't forget to throw out the week-old covfefe.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Lawd, there are tapes.

4. Sam Mills 51

Golden toilets, but no golden showers.

HGTV's Christina can cure that, I'm sure.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Suddenly, I don't feel so luxurious because I possess more than one Casio. But you have to do some nasty stuff to bust up a G-shock (I did once ... arm got caught in some crap that somehow didn't break me, but got the G-shock case on my left wrist).

Driftwood likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As long as she's careful around the classified documents.

garrow likes this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

When I first started looking at Submariners, I thought they'd be these huge things that screamed ROLEX SUBMARINER, wearing one would cause a ray of light to shine on you walking down the street where men would run out of shops to shake your hand, women wound throw themselves at you, and the ghosts of Edmund Hillary and Ernest Hemingway would look after you.
    Nope.
    It's a watch. About like any other on the surface. Of the two people out of a thousand who recognized it, 1.5 of them would assume it was a fake you got at the flea market.
    And in the dark, without a flashlight, you still couldn't tell what time it was.

I have no doubt about the quality and craftsmanship. None at all.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can get an atomic wristwatch at Kohl's for $34.39 that keeps perfect time always.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

*trebuchet

[​IMG]

swingline and maumann like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Good.

matt_garth likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Id told my wife years ago that I always wanted an heirloom watch I could pass down one day. A watch my kid would say “Dad wore that all the time.” So when I turned 50, she got a used one for me. A 1998 model, which is the year we met. Five years ago, the prices weren’t so bad.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My understanding early on was that he was in the room where Obama stayed and that he paid the hookers to pee on the mattress Obama had slept on while he watched. No mention of whether he had a wank while doing so. All the various other stuff started to get talked about later.

Draft saved Draft deleted