1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't wear a watch. I have a phone and a computer and I'm normally fairly close to one or the other.

matt_garth likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I haven’t worn a watch in 15 years. If I want to know the time, I check my phone.

dixiehack, matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I've known a few folks who wear watches sans hands (watch hands, that is). It's kind of a version of memento mori ...

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't doubt any of that, but I personally don't have any reason to have an heirloom item. The fact that yours is a '98 and still going strong is a testament to their quality. I've heard many stories of Submariners being passed down multiple generations.
    I recently gave my grandfather's .22 to his great-great grandson. I was happy to do that.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's Disease. How the hell did he not see that coming?

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

An heirloom watch is a Patek Philippe, which is more than a down payment on my house. Otherwise, I’m wearing my Garmin to track step. I also have a Hamilton thst I wear on occasion.

Patek Philippe | Brands | Betteridge

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve spent way too money on needless things, but a $45 Swatch is the most expensive watch I’ve ever bought.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TBF, anything can be an heirloom. A Patek would be too expensive to be my daily watch. Most Omegas too. But a Submariner? I’ll wear that 24/7.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I assume it doesn't take $60,000 in parts and labor to make these watches, marvelous as they are.

So are these companies just laughing all the way to the bank?

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I’d like another Hamilton, or an Omega when I make it to the big time, but I’m happy with my small collection that I have.

Draft saved Draft deleted