1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Saved the country from Covid."

Not quite as dumb as "Trump killed 400,000 Americans," but close.

Covid "ended" like all pandemics do --- it eventually mutates to a less lethal/communicable/harmful form and peters out. After almost everyone has been infected.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I, mean, unless it doesn’t. There’s no guarantee of that. It’s the likeliest course, though.

(I find crediting Biden with “saving” us from Covid an absurd statement, as well.)

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That mutates with current events, although obviously he's stayed with that one for a while now.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a stretch. But saying he helped minimize the impact of Covid by encouraging everyone everywhere to get vaccinated - while his predecessor derided the vaccine even after getting Covid and undoubtedly contributed to more Covid deaths that necessary - isn't.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

A magician asks a spectator to pick a card from a deck, any card. They pick the seven of diamonds. The magician, without seeing the card, immediately announces "seven of diamonds." The secret? The entire deck had only seven of diamonds cards. Magicians call that a one-way forcing deck. In politics we call it a stacked deck. Like how Trump and the Republicans have stacked the deck on the Supreme Court....or in the House. Stacked against YOU.

On election day, vote....and make Trump and the Republicans disappear. Like magic.

6. BTExpress

His predecessor was anti-mask, and pro-open everything up, but he was all-in on getting a vaccine available as quickly as possible, got jabbed himself, and even got some jeers when he told people to get vaccinated. I would argue state governors were the most at fault for the vaccine divide, with making them mandatory for some --- even after they had stopped preventing transmission --- taking the baton later.

Trump booed at Alabama rally after telling supporters to get vaccinated

Trump booed after revealing he got a Covid booster shot

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump: There are those who say you can test too much. You do know that.
    J. Swan: Who says that?
    Trump: Just read the manuals. Read the books.
    J. Swan: Manuals? What manuals?
    Trump: Read the books
    J.Swan: What books?
    Trump: When I took over, we didn't even have a test.
    J. Swan: Why would you have a test? The virus didn't exist.

8. Neutral Corner

Add that Trump took his victory lap when the trucks of vaccine left the warehouses. It was the Biden administration that executed the distribution and actually pushed to get it into people's arms.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

TFG's covid response, not just in getting the vax out but all areas, put the cluck in flustercluck. Remember states and other agencies competing against each other to get supplies for essential workers?

And lest we forget, covid was going to be over after 15 cases anyway.

Hell, I still have my doubts he had covid anyway, that it was just so much performance art for him.

I Should Coco and wicked like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

I remember how exhausted and unsteady he looked as he walked back into the WH after he got out of the hospital. A guy who hates to look weak in public as much as he does would never go that route on camera.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nah, the GQPers would then be claiming the FBI, or the CIA or Hillary’s Private Army were the kidnappers.

Remember. This party literally believes there is such a thing as alternate facts.

Smallpotatoes and Driftwood like this.
  12. BTExpress

There ARE alternate facts.

Fact: Barry Switzer averaged more victories and had a higher winning percentage with the Cowboys than did Jimmy Johnson.
    Alternate fact: Johnson was a better coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted