1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He's fucking MacGyver.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If the Browns don’t get the spot on that third down run, they're running a kick team onto the field on a fourth down as the clock runs down. An inexplicable timeout called with 20 seconds. Makes me think he thought he had another timeout.

For a second I thought they were spiking it on fourth down. Bizarre.

tapintoamerica and UNCGrad like this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

That was awful. His entire fucking body was in the end zone.

4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Which begs the question, if they call it a safety and it gets reviewed automatically, shouldn't it get automatically reviewed if it might be a safety? (And the next play was likely a safety as well and they never showed a replay on TV.)

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

It should b/c it's a potential scoring play. But it's the NFL. The L doesn't stand for logic.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

There is a real chance the Jets locker room is in full revolt at the half. I've been watching the Jets far longer than any surgeon general would recommend and I cannot think of a worse QB than Zach Wilson.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't, but that was a safety. The ball was in the end zone.

8. outofplace

Kenny Pickett tells you to hold his beer. The Steelers did plenty wrong on offense today that wasn't his fault, but he just keeps getting worse.

9. outofplace

I don't think the second-down play was a safety, but the sack of Pickett was one. Unfortunately for the Browns, that's not how the rules work. Scoring plays are automatically reviewed. If it isn't called a scoring play on the field, it has to be challenged by the coach. Stefanski blew it on that one, but thanks to Matt Canada and Kenny Pickett, he got away with it.

Canada called a terrible game. I get why they thought screens would work, but they didn't. The Browns defended them perfectly all game long, but Canada kept running them to the end. He and Tomlin also kept taking Warren out of the game even though he was the Steelers' best player today. The guy had 129 yards rushing and only got nine carries, but with the ball on the Cleveland 40 late in the fourth quarter, they took him off the field and tried a screen to Harris that was blown up and a run by Harris that lost yardage. That is coaching malpractice.

This might be the game that gets the Steelers to give up on Pickett. He just keeps getting worse, but at least late last season and early this one, he was making the clutch plays at the end. He had his chance to do that today. He had Johnson open on third-and-10 and missed by enough that the receiver had no shot. In the past, he would make that throw and lead his team to a winning score. He was just bad all day today, including at the end when his team needed him to come through.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Will they make adjustments?

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It's another rule that needs to be changed. ... And I have nothing to base this on other than texts from people at the game who were going nuts because Dumanski didn't challenge either play.

As for Pickett, I realize what this is saying, but he's right now the second-best starting QB in the division. Tomlin and Stupidfanski both should have run the ball more -- the Browns between the tackles and the Steelers outside of them. The egos of football coaches never cease to amaze me. With all the passing, I can't believe there weren't 10 turnovers in that game.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was a terrible INT, but the line is abysmal every play.

Draft saved Draft deleted