1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Triumph?
    Loverboy?
    Bryan Adams?
    Honeymoon Suite? @Huggy
    Bob & Doug McKenzie?

I Should Coco, Huggy and FileNotFound like this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That bitch Anne Murray.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT EVERY MOMENT
    EVERY MINUTE EVERY DAY

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Take off, you hoser.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's a beauty way to go.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Looks like the "same old Lions" improved to 8-2 by outscoring the Bears 17-6 in the 4th quarter.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Seems like the emerging story is a team that gave up 70 points a game, which made them 0-3, is going to the playoffs.

Also, from The Athletic Pulse ...

[​IMG]

Good Russell Wilson? In this economy?

This is the time of the NFL season when playoff favorites truly separate themselves from the rest. This is also the time when teams need guys to step up, replacing injured superstars and fortifying weaknesses.

A nod to Sunday’s unheralded stars, from most surprising to least:

1. Browns QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    The fill-in for Deshaun Watson won’t have yesterday’s performance enshrined anywhere, but the UCLA rookie was enough to beat the Steelers, 13-10. These 7-3 Browns can win the AFC North, even without the franchise quarterback. Cleveland’s defense might be the best single unit in the NFL and is at least the best in the division. This team has won games with Watson, Thompson-Robinson and PJ Walker at QB. I expect to see them in the playoffs. Joe Flacco’s even here to help.

2. Giants QB Tommy DeVito

A week after looking helpless, the 25-year-old rookie threw for 246 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in an unexpected 31-19 win over the Commanders. New York’s season is done already at 3-8, but we shouldn’t question their pride. (Not surprising? The showers at FedEx Field breaking, leaving both teams unable to bathe postgame.)

3. Bills OC Joe Brady
    Buffalo fired offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey last week, a sure sign the season was heading to the abyss. Quarterbacks coach Joe Brady found himself promoted and helped direct a 32-6 win over the Jets yesterday in which — of course — the Bills looked invincible again. I still have no idea what to do with them. Meanwhile, the Jets benched Zach Wilson, lost four turnovers, engaged in a tunnel scuffle and have never looked worse.

4. Broncos QB Russell Wilson

Yes, a real thing. Wilson has been largely awful the last two seasons, but late last night, it was the former superstar throwing a dart to Courtland Sutton to clinch a 21-20 win over the 6-5 Vikings. Denver has won four straight after starting 1-5.

5. 49ers QB Brock Purdy
    OK, this isn’t shocking, but let’s zoom out a bit. For all the headlines Purdy has earned, this is still a guy who’s played 19 regular-season games in the NFL. Yet he has been a superstar for most of that time, never moreso than yesterday, when he threw three touchdowns in San Francisco’s 27-14 win over Tampa Bay and finished with a perfect 158.3 passer rating. No 49er has done that since Joe Montana. With two straight dominant wins, 7-3 San Francisco is all the way back, and Purdy is largely the reason.

We have full takeaways from Week 11 here, including a wild Lions win they probably didn’t deserve. And don’t miss Robert Mays and Nate Tice reacting live to all the action.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Words I didn’t think I’d say four weeks ago: Important Browns-Broncos match-up.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Washington needs to fire Rivera and Del Rio and give Bienemy the interim tag for a six-game audition to see if he's worth a shit as a head coach. I had already given up on this season, but yesterday was truly embarrassing, six turnovers against a fuck dead team and letting Danny DeVito jam the ball up your ass at key moments. Getting swept by THIS Giants team has to be fireable offense. Like fucking the cleaning lady at your desk. Is that wrong?

dixiehack likes this.
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don’t know. Is she hot?

playthrough likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Because I live in the 'Ders' market, I consume their product not as a fan, but in the same way one would watch a soap opera.

Getting swept by a three-win team is a low point for a franchise which has had many, many low points over the last 25 years.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Can we talk for a moment about the Washington franchise and SJ style?

It should be the Washington Football Team on first reference, with Football Team or WFT allowed on subsequent references.

Redskins is out for obvious reasons, but Commanders is a weak-ass nickname.

Draft saved Draft deleted