1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Pacers scored 44 points in the first half but managed to lose 128-116 for another solid over, now 11-1. I wouldn't say it's flying completely under the radar (the total moved 6-8 points up from the opener) but if this were the Warriors it would be the toast of the betting world and the totals would be through the roof.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For a moment I thought I was on the Larry King thread.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a single copy, or the entire company?

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yes?

Chef2 and Batman like this.
  5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Pacers cover another Over, this one set at 252.5.

By 56 points.

playthrough and MileHigh like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Have been just dropping straight 1U bets on college hoops the last two days. Just missed on Long Beach -5.5 against Iona but have won four straight (McNeese, Drake, UNC and Villanova with easy covers). Hopefully that'll change the juju a bit after a tough weekend last week.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Threw a $5 free bet on DK today … four-leg anytime touchdown scorer: Tank Dell, Mike Evans, Derrick Henry and Bijan Robinson. Turned it into $159. That’ll keep me bankrolled for a while now.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

How pissed are you that you didn't put $50 on it? That's what I always say when I lose one with a late leg.

9. exmediahack

My son's roommate with a +4400 seven-leg CFB spread parlay over the weekend. Crazy to watch that last leg hit.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

What was the payout?

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

At this point, my unit is $10, but I figured for a +3100 bet, I'd just use the freebie. Definitely was a little sad I didn't put $10 and get a boost, but hey, it's literal free money, so no complaints. Pretty sure that's by far the longest shot I've hit.

12. exmediahack

$100 free bet for a juicy $4,400.

I've known this kid for a few years... totally goes with his "F it, why not?" personality.

Draft saved Draft deleted