1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of his base, they will be doubting his death long after he's in the grave, or will be shocked he doesn't arise three days after his death. Will probably tell us he's in secret meetings with JFK Jr.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, abortion will be a huge factor next year. And the trumplicans are squarely on the opposition side of the vast majority of the country on the issue.

Also, the anxiety over Biden support cited here largely comes from POLLS!!! LOOK AT THE POLLS! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE PRECIOUS POLLS!!!!

And THE POLLS!!! are absolutely fucking worthless. A dozen say trump is winning. A dozen say Biden is winning. And they all suck. How many election cycles will this continue until more people believe that industry is broken. Or at least just there so the cable news fucknuts can fill airtime without actually doing any work?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Are they worth less than MOCK DRAFTS!!!?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Also a potentially big factor: whatever nutcase Trump picks as his running mate.

Deskgrunt50 and Fred siegle like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

An excellent comparison of air-time filling nonsense.

TigerVols and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Either VP nominee in 2024 has a very real chance of being the incumbent POTUS going into 2028.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nobody should say a word about COVID in the campaign. It's old news that isn't going to change a vote. More people died of it in Biden's first year (465,340) than had died of it when Trump left office (392,428). And while Biden's first year spanned 12 months of COVID in the U.S., Trump's only 10, a vaccine wasn't even available until the last month of Trump's term. It was available for all of Biden's first year. There's nothing for either candidate to brag about regarding COVID, and plenty either can be criticized about. Talk about where the country IS, and where it WILL BE. Trump's advisers are begging him not to rehash old stuff ("rigged" elections, etc.). Biden should do the same.

Of course not. And not only because mock drafts give you 32 chances to be wrong.

As if we needed ANOTHER reason for a different Democratic candidate.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    BTE, I've a question for you. Why does Magua hate the grey hair Democrats so much?
    [​IMG]

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You neglect to mention all the Republican governors who told their flock to not get vaccinated. Or if they were cool with vaccines on the down low (DeSantis), they steered vaccines to areas more prone to vote for them.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do you really think the pollsters are omitting people who say abortion is an important issue to them? I said it earlier, I think Biden has done a good job. But seeing how many Dems stepped out of the way for Biden in 2020 after South Carolina (his first primary win - ever), you would think party unity and beating Trump would be as important to Biden as it is to the rest of the party.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's just the point. If Biden withdrew,. it'd fracture he always tenuous Democratic coalition into a dozen pieces at least.

Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

DeSantis and his quack SG are the only ones I know of who advised people to NOT get vaccinated.

More than a few governors opposed the federal vaccination mandate to be enforced through OSHA. That was a separate issue.

I think there SHOULD be a mandate, and for more than just health care workers, who are the only ones required to get it now, and only in a handful of states.

Specifically, I think there should be a mandate for entry into school, like there is for other vaccines. But not until it’s better at stopping transmission, which is the main reason schools don’t require flu vaccinations either. Especially since you’re likely talking about an annual or semi-annual shot for COVID, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted