1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is high-stakes politics. You take every edge you can get. She is an 82-year-old man away from being president and she seems like she could do the job.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fine. A VP with a 35% approval rating and a POTUS with a 39.5% approval rating. Sounds like a winning ticket to me. :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton (73%) almost beat those two numbers by himself in December 1998.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Libertarians are Republicans who like pot.

Tarheel316 and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, Part II for today. Reminds me of a story David Brinkley told in his autobiography. Early in his journalism career, he worked for a small town weekly paper in a very conservative Southern town.

Every week, the paper would print the police blotter, and the self-righteous townpeople
    would mock those who were arrested. Until the day that the publisher was arrested for DUI.

The publisher knew he would be humiliated if his arrest made the paper. The publisher also knew that if he kept his arrest out of the paper, it would be an even bigger scandal.

So the publisher had Brinkley put his first initial and his middle and last names in his arrest brief. Instead of John W. Smith, or whatever his name was, Brinkley had to put J. Walter Smith. And, as Brinkley told the story, the townspeople never figured it out.

Liut, HanSenSE and BTExpress like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We are talking about black female voters, but if you are any minority group and choose not to vote for Biden as a protest, well, you will live with the consequences of the election either way.
    Is your life going to be better or worse under a second Trump administration?

I hang up and listen to your comments.

Tarheel316, wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I can't believe The Left still plays Identity Politics and insists on having a black woman as VP.

SFIND likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Your taxes will be slightly less, but other than that, no different. Like the overwhelming percentage of Americans.

I would go so far as to suggest Ukrainians might notice the change more than Americans WRT their day-to-day lives.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm talking about why she was chosen in the first place and why it would piss off a big part of the Democratic Party coalition if she were to be removed. I never said she was electable on her own. Her last attempt showed us that she isn't.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You have to post them from the X website, which when you load it immediately redirects to Twitter dot com. Can’t just change “X” to “twitter” in the URL after you paste the URL.

Draft saved Draft deleted