1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The more things change the more ...

Someone who went into a coma 8 years ago and woke up today could see this and think it's still 8 years ago.

And yes, it's time for a woman and even better if she's a black/brown woman.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Also, if the 9/11 attacks still happen early during the Gore presidency.....he would not have been reelected.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That’s a little disingenuous. Didn’t we come out of a pandemic during that period?

MileHigh and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's also a little -- no, A LOT -- full of shit. The inflation rate was 8.5X larger in July of 2022 than it was July of 2020. Now I know the esteemed Mr. Reich is an economist of the first order, but maybe he's not aware that 8.5X > 1.14X.

MileHigh and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He didn't build the wall. He didn't repeal and replace Obamacare. Not even when he had all three branches of government. Why do you suddenly believe all his ideas now (some of which are just "sources say") are going to happen? "Tens of millions?" It was a struggle just to get that many vaccinated. And we're going to deport that many?

Bush got the soldiers and their families into the Iraq war. I'm not sure the stocker at Home Depot was affected.

I'm not saying two presidents won't do different things. But it takes a lot for those to filter down to people just working their jobs and taking care of their families.

maumann likes this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Oh. Well fuck it. Might as vote for him, because all the terrible things he says he's going to do aren't going to happen, and my taxes will be lower!

What do you think the Cabinet looks like, since virtually his entire cabinet from 2017-2020 has been saying, "Please please please please don't put this guy back in the White House"?

Slacker, Fred siegle and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The stocker at Home Depot was affected if they were in the Guard or Reserves, which is how a fair bit of people supplement their income. (Yes, they knew what they signed up for, but they probably didn’t bet on multiple tours in the sandbox.)

Liut and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Same energy in the thread lately.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I bet the mood in the Falklands is pretty bleak right now.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Pick a date.

The 2025 cabinet will be different from the 2027 one when he gets rid of half of them.

And I'm not making an argument to vote for him. Just sooooooo tired of the apocalyptic predictions. See enough of them on the climate thread. An "unmitigated disaster for every American" does not receive 70 million votes. I'd say there's at least some "mitigation" there.

I mean, the people who are voting for him are laying out their own apocalyptic vision of America if Biden wins.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Everything is an apocalyptic "prediction," until it comes to pass, at which point it's too late.

TigerVols and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

BOTH ALL SIDES!!!!!!!!

Justin_Rice likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted