1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your first mistake is thinking Donald Trump ever sees himself as accountable for anything, including his own campaign promises. As others are fond of posting, there is always a video showing his hypocrisy and lack of accountability. His decisions were driven by whatever he thought would help him gain and attain power with no regard at all for promises he made in the past. It is amazing to me that we all witnessed a con man as president of the United States for four years and still so many people like you don't understand how they operate. Trump would happily break any promise he made at any moment if he thought it would serve his own interests, thinking he could just lie his way out of it later. How do you not know that?

Traditionally, it is tougher for second-term presidents to get anything done, but I fully expect even more batshit actions from Trump with no more elections to worry about.

I will not dig into the ignorance it took for you to reach your conclusion.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Correct. Like I said, it sounds like a communication issue, not a transgender issue.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Look if you give Donald Trump credit for everything good that happened from 2017-2020, and blame the Deep State and Dems for everything bad that happened over the same time period, it's easy to see how he kept all his promises and was a pretty good President.

outofplace and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that Peter (of 'those' Meijers) is seeking the Republican nomination in the race for the Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Debbie Stabenow.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Using that lens, it’s easy to see why Trump was the greatest POTUS of all time.

Justin_Rice and garrow like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

A lot of people are saying that. Big, important people. With tears in their eyes. Believe me.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So many ex-Cabinet members to issue the call, considering the constant turnover during his term.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yeah, we might get our menial jobs filled and our strawberries get picked ...

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Study after study shows the positive economic impact of immigrants on our economy, legal or otherwise.

But yes, ramifications.

Nice to see the most selfish person I've ever encountered dominating the discussion the past few pages.

If it doesn't affect himself or his wife, RTExpress DOES. NOT. GIVE. A. FUCK.

Remember that the next time you reply to him.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If only the immigrants could be the good virtuous white kind from the motherland.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

But BTE's wife played by the rules. Rules we collectively set up. Rules that apparently hundreds or more are breaking every. single. day.

I'm "pro-immigrant." I'm also "pro-rules," and if I expect Trump and the MAGA Cult to play by them, seems to me I'd be a flaming hypocrite if I didn't expect immigrants to do the same.

We need to fix the rules. We need to make immigration easier; our economy depends on it.

Liut likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

These people are fleeing abject human misery. If you believe RTExpress, his wife came from paradise.

But yes, rules are rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted