1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

She wasn't in Denver and that was an L.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Watch it.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is probably too little, too late to fix their disgrace of an offense. Canada was a huge part of the problem and he should have been fired this past offseason, but Kenny Pickett is also an issue. He was mediocre except for some big fourth quarters early in the season, but he has been absolutely horrid since the Jacksonville game. He is failing to see open receivers far too often and he has been inaccurate when he does see them. Canada's scheme and poor pass protection are part of that, but Pickett has been bad. I'm not sure this fixes him.

5. CD Boogie

Yeah, he's been terrible. Between him, Najee and Devin Bush, the Steelers have been whiffing of late on a lot of their first-round picks, which was rarely the case.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Great googly moogly!

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

Harris is a good player who is stuck in the wrong system. He is a power runner. Put him behind a decent line that allows him to get to the line of scrimmage with a head of steam and he can be productive. The pick looks worse because Warren, who was signed last season as an undrafted free agent, is better. He is more explosive and a much better fit for the Steelers' current offense.

I haven't completely given up on Pickett, but the current evidence certainly makes him look like a bust.

9. CD Boogie

I mean, he doesn't even try to make plays. I thought he was like this hubristic, gunslinger type. For fuck's sake, just throw the ball up to George Pickens and let him try to make a play. Pickett isn't even throwing interceptions because he's too gun shy. I know their O-line ain't the mid-90s Cowboys, but he has to try to make more plays and throw down the ball downfield. Instead it's just check downs and slants. Maddening to watch.

I don't know what to make of Harris, except that fewer good things happen when he's on the field than when Warren is.

10. outofplace

Hell, I would be happy if he threw more slants. He needs to attack the middle of the field more. I saw video of at least three plays Sunday that he had receivers wide open and just didn't see them. One was a scramble that gained good yardage, but he had a bigger play if he stepped up in the pocket and threw it. The others, he had time and receivers who had a step and just didn't see them. One would have been a walk-in touchdown for Austin. If he makes even one of those, the Steelers probably win the game.

Harris is in the wrong situation. He is a physical runner, but he needs to be able to get a head of steam to be his most effective. He gets blown up in the backfield far too often. Warren is quicker to the hole, more explosive, which is key for a team with an erratic offensive line.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Now, if St. Louis still had a franchise ... just a short jaunt across the fun-loving bridge.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted