1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Inside the numbers

Joe Biden
    age on election day: 81
    number of indictments: 0

Donald Trump
    age on election day: 78
    number of indictments: 91

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I always knew you were a Commie.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, hands down. I love the turkey, the stuffing, the mashed taters & gravy, the green bean casserole, the rolls. I love falling asleep on the couch while some NFL game drones on in the background.

I dislike Christmas, which begins at the middle of September. My sister is cooking again the weekend before it, which mitigates my dislike.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

preach! I hate turkey but Mrs. W insists on making it.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Eh, it usually sits in the freezer all year until we donate it to a food drive.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Throw a hog on the smoker Wednesday night and let the feast begin Thursday at lunch. If there's a bucket of oysters off to the side, even better.

Inky_Wretch and wicked like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Read the fucking inserts in the paper, jerkoff. Been selling 20 lb birds all month for $10 with minimum purchase and loyalty card savings. In fact, come to where I'm working tonight before 9 and I'll give you the bird!

Inky_Wretch, melock, garrow and 4 others like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Christmas is my favorite holiday but this right here is what ruins it.
    The hyper consumerism which forces the season earlier and earlier pushed on by the same busy bodies that then post “put the ‘Christ’ back in ‘Christmas’” crap. And then suddenly we have a war on Christmas and it cycles.

But dammit if I don’t love the lead up to Christmas starting at the proper time: After f’ing Thanksgiving!

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We got expensive fresh turkeys for a couple of years and couldn’t taste the difference. Get the free turkey and fill it with herb butter.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Isn't that ... woke?

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It took me way longer than it should have to realize you were insulting that guy and not describing your day.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted