1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Maybe get a blister on your little finger?

Maybe get a blister on your thumb?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nah, I'm good.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You magnificent bastard.

garrow, Deskgrunt50 and dixiehack like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ain’t none of us getting chicks for free

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Best we can do to get clicks for free.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The fatfuck MAGGAT with the manboobs and the makeup
    Yeah buddy that's his mommy's hair
    The fatfuck MAGGAT has his own jet airplane
    Fatfuck MAGGAT says he's a billionaire

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I always work Thanksgiving, mostly because I just got back from where I'd go (the UP). Normally make at least an attempt to hunt deer but this year Nov. 15, the firearm deer opener and U.P. High Holiday, was a Wednesday and would have forced me to take a full week off while a 48-page tab was going to the press, so I just went home for a long weekend and had dinner out there on the last night before they broke camp.

I've taken to making a Cornish game hen for one on Thanksgiving. Defrosts faster and cooks faster, you can do all sorts of creative stuffing (going heavy on lemon this year) and you don't have to eat it for a month afterward. As has been stated above, when it comes to turkey once you have fried it's hard to go back. Also, I'm of Cornish extraction, so heritage!*

When it comes to Christmas decor, I'm OK with anything after deer season, but I don't really decorate my home. I live by myself and I know what day it is. Sometimes during the holidays I know a little too well.

*There's really nothing Cornish about it. A Cornish game hen is basically a small chicken.

Liut and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I've never been a hunter, but when I lived in the U.P. I tried plenty of venison and most of the time it was good.

Hell, it was probably part of the original Thanksgiving dinner (venison). Much more likely than turkey.

Liut, 2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I love being creative in the kitchen and I would *love* to just try all kinds of stuff with venison. Easily my No. 1 reason for going out (other than camp, of course) but in I think in four or five seasons I've gone out (with my Dad, for the company, his experience, and his ability to buy an in-state tag for us to share), we've seen one buck and never got a clean shot at it. I had a cousin get one on Opening Day but it was so warm in the UP last week that I'm surprised anyone took anything. It's generally accepted that deer don't move during the day unless it's sub-freezing.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I think the key is having a butcher who knows how to process a deer -- and the U.P. has plenty of those.

One of my coworkers brought a pasta bake in to share, and I didn't believe it was venison in there until he brought in some of the leftover ground deer meat.

It also works very well in chili, as I recall.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A 48-page tab.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Venison talk? Now this is my wheelhouse.

Last night I made backstrap medallions with a mushroom risotto.

Draft saved Draft deleted