1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Anachronistic, yes, but this is Minnesota high school hockey. I saw the revenue figure. It was worth our time.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Now you’re just showing off.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve narrowly missed hitting a deer with my car four times in the last month going to work, so please murder all of them and make them into delicious sausage.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

They made the mistake of letting me know what percentage of total revenue my tabs and weekly football previews made. I stopped worrying about being three minutes late on deadline without any help to write a story, capsules, edit five stories and lay out six pages on Friday nights.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think the Never Trumpers are just keeping their powder dry for the day where they can win a legal election legally, shut down the border legally, ban abortions nationwide legally, and cut taxes for the rich legally. Liz Cheney unchained could be Evita on steroids.

The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’m not a hunter; nor do I have any desire to be one. My oldest had some friends in college who were, though, and they would have so much venison that they would give them away. Vension sausage and venison burgers were excellent.

And since this is the politics thread, and we’re talking turkey:

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Youngstown State selects as president Rep. Bill Johnson (R), who questioned the validity of the 2020 election, wants to defund the EPA, repeal the ACA and favors a total ban on abortion, banning books and teaching CRT.
    Oh, and at least two of the trustees donated to his campaign.
    YSU board booed upon vote to hire Bill Johnson as president

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh thank God. I’m sure Youngstown was in danger of going woke.

swingline and garrow like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Well, the town did have a mob mentality.....

matt_garth and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

At least he didn't hide any information about students getting free tattoos.

garrow likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I’m grateful Liz stood up for what’s right even though it cost her, but she was a birther at one point.

Draft saved Draft deleted