1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Father: Son, why'd you assault and harass your teacher? We raised you better than that. Who taught you to do this?
    Son: Trump, alright! I learned it by watching Trump!

Parents who vote for Trump have children who act like Trump

wicked and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fox News reporter: Mr. President, are you too old to run again?

Fox News anchor: The President continues to face questions about whether he’s too old to run from the media.

Fred siegle and garrow like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s hard to lose an argument when you claim every idea, every bit of matter is your chosen side’s provenance.

At that point, why even engage?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

And my contention is everyone worships something.

And if one is inclined to believe religion is a construct, then we could argue it’s a different branch of the tree of reason, invented by folks who figured “better a deity be in charge of the rules over human nature being in charge.”

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    Azrael likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You never know ... You might learn something. It might be good for you. People do dumber things, that's for sure.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When given the chance to unpack the address how we come up with our value system, Az chose to use the cost-benefit analysis of water treatment plant to prevent cholera.

That’s what you call a dodge.

Azrael likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, there’s something to learn from the faithful. But I’ll get it straight from Lewis’ or Augustine’s mouth.

If every answer to every philosopher is he was merely borrowing from God, what’s the point in a debate? Their ideas aren’t ideas. They are regurgitations. No one gets to argue anything because it is not his. It is all God’s.

If every idea is God’s, I get to pin the bad ones on him, too.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

It wasn't the anchor. It was the same reporter as part of his story, not acknowledging that he was the one asking the question as he "reported": "The oldest president in US history also continues to face questions about his age -- even here in Nantucket,"

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hardly.

I was addressing the many ways in which it's possible to propose a political solution without default to religion.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maybe.

But calling everything a religion - even as a rhetorical exaggeration to make a point - eventually renders that word useless.

tapintoamerica and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted