1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I’m getting Black Friday emails from Toyota about 2025s but I still can’t get a purchase option for 2024 Toyota or Ford trucks.
    WTF?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Almost as stupid as the dealership where I bought my current machine trying to offer me an amount for said machine that's five figures low. Not to mention that, because they don't produce those machines new anymore, I'd take a 40-hp hit.

So ... tell me again why I should be the first bit interested?

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A local dealership is advertising a Big Horn edition, fully-loaded 4x4 Ram 1500 for $46,000. It’s used. It has 96,000 miles on it.

4. Sam Mills 51

We'll need to wait a few months until the folks who paid for machines with pandemic money cycle through their repos. Until then, stupidity like you're describing will continue.

Here, the same dealership I talked about trying to snake my machine for at least $10K less had a Civic Type-R on the lot with at least 30,000 miles on it for $40K-plus. Excellent machines – I strongly considered one – but one with more mileage than my machine has for over MSRP new? Just how stupid and desperate must people be?

SFIND likes this.
  5. Driftwood

I’ve been sitting on the money to buy a new truck for almost a year. I knew Ford and Toyota were both going with complete redesigns for 2024, so it was a matter of which hit the market first.
    We are dang near December. Both previewed their new trucks in May. Neither are available yet. Sons of birches.

6. Sam Mills 51

Give it a year, anyway. Let both of the manufacturers work out the first-year kinks so you 1) get a better machine and 2) don't spend all your time taking the machine back to the dealer for recalls.

Mine isn't that new and because supply shortages, it took more than a year for one recall. Granted, I double-checked to make sure it was neither a mechanical nor a fire hazard - it was neither, so it just became a nuisance until they finally got both the part and the specialized tool necessary to do the work (granted, this dealership is an exception to the lousy dealership service and stealership-level prices and they knew what was going on and kept me up to date without being a PITA, but still ... ).

SFIND and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. Driftwood

The new Ranger shouldn’t have new gen issues. It’s been in world wide production for a couple of years and just now hitting the US.

8. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

FWIW I've been very happy with my 2021 Ranger. It's a base 4x4 model with basic interior upgrades and towing package. My one complaint is that the bed load level is high. I hauled a junk water heater to the dump recently and struggled to get it aboard.

9. Driftwood

I'm on my third. I had an '87, 2000, and currently drive an '11.

10. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I had an '05 FX4 for a number of years. I got rid of it when the frame started to rust out. I really prefer a compact truck -- in fact, I wish this truck was a little smaller.

11. Driftwood

I'm excited that the new models are a little larger. I had honestly thought about going F150 just for more room at my age. I have to have 4WD.

12. Driftwood

I saw this in a story today, and there is absolutely no way. None.

According to Coventry Direct, the average amount of savings Americans need to retire is $758,847.

Draft saved Draft deleted