1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I will admit I have watched portions of Barmageddon. Never a full show. Blake Shelton and Carson Daly must have a contest to see who is the most bloated alcoholic.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Both are in the FX family, and they're both 8 to 13-episode, max, per season. Olyphant has always stayed pretty busy with acting, and its not like he's the writer or a major creative force on these projects. (At least, that's the impression that I get, that he's not giving tons of notes about the roles he's been cast in.)

Tighthead likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Until they need the content. I didn’t like
    the Boyd reveal — made the whole Primeval season seem like a preview for what was really important.

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I didn’t watch Primeval, but that makes perfect sense. Move on or don’t.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yes and no. I HAVE to think they are of more value elsewhere in the streaming world than MAX. The WBD CEO has made no secret of maximizing (no pun intented) of WB's vault of material. Hell, you could probably start an entire streaming service with WB animation alone.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Caught the first two episodes of Bookie on HBO Max and liked it. It’s Chuck Lorre’s new series. Sebastian Maniscalco plays a small time bookie trying to stay relevant in the world of online and legalized betting.
    Even Charlie Sheen makes an appearance.
    It’s more dramedy than sitcom, but there are laughs.

Dog8Cats and matt_garth like this.
  10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

At least two other Two and a Half Men Easter eggs in the first episode.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

For one of those old school TV guys that probably has more money than God at this point, Chuck just keeps working and churning out shows that are at least watchable. And, of course, he's responsible for the TMNT theme, as re-publicized by Kimmy Schmidt.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OgJLLcRRsuw?si=LfMHARxHWKpAfOz3

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are 6 episodes (out of 8) in to the new season of Upload. The show has some witty social satire and some decent comedic acting, but went off of the rails after season 1.

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted