1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Last year, I was really hoping the NCAA tournament would give us a Purdue-UConn matchup as I thought they were the two best teams going in. Of course, Purdue crapped themselves and it didn't happen.

After watching both these first few weeks, I'm Jonesing for that matchup again.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought I had read that Burrow never attended an in-person class at LSU.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, last year's final notwithstanding, 98% of the sport is still a joke.

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 9.44.48 AM.png

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was this the hoops equivalent of a body bag game for MVSU? Or a SEC November gam Why else schedule it?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

NCSU women take out Colorado ... the Wolfpack's second win over a Top 5 team this season.

(And screw off with ESPN+, WWL. Put it on your networks.)

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's how the SWAC schedules for basketball. They pack about a dozen of those games into November and December to collect as many checks as they can.
    A lot of the men's teams don't play more than one or two home games until the conference schedule begins in January, and almost all of the non-conference games are against P5 teams. Guess the women are following the same template.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watched most of the Virginia Tech-Florida Atlantic game yesterday. FAU won by 34 and went on runs of 19-0 and 15-0 during the game. They're fast, athletic, can shoot and defend. Last year's FF run was definitely not a fluke. Tech played like dogshit, but I think they would have lost by 12 even if they played their best game. FAU plays 6-0 Liberty on Thursday in Boca in what should be a fantastic matchup.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tonight’s Kentucky-Miami game was supposed to be Dickie V’s return, but the cancer treatments have taken a toll on his vocal cords. The crew spent a moment explaining this and wishing him all the best. What they didn’t mention was a new return date or even the word “soon.”

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh, and the Cats may finally have a team again.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hope not. They're the winter-spring Satan.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

False. That's Kansas.

Draft saved Draft deleted