1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And no one will blame Chris Kempczinski.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My vote goes to gouging and greed.

Mr. Sluggo, wicked and Liut like this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm still gobsmacked by $7.50 for a box of cereal and $3.50 for a 2-liter Diet Dr Pepper.

$3.75 total at Aldi/Walmart (substituting Diet Dr Thunder for Diet Dr Pepper).

Liut and Driftwood like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

McDonald’s is a public-health menace.

The sooner your average fat-ass American gets priced out of it, the better.

OscarMadison, Liut and Driftwood like this.
  5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Almost everything is gouging. There is almost nothing for which people should be being charged what they are being charged.

Housing, whether to own, or rent, as well as education, medical services, medicines, food, gas, cable, phone, electricity, water...everything. Money has become the be-all/end-all of life.

It's why people are becoming more and more expendable at work -- because they are every company's biggest expense. And it is what's causing good causes to beg, more and more, for money, too. Most phone calls are solicitors now, they're on every corner, and, at Walmart, at every door, especially now.

It's all about money, for the corporate levels.

OscarMadison, Liut and Driftwood like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But just remember, they're going to go bankrupt if they have to start their workers at $15/hr.

2muchcoffeeman and Liut like this.
  7. Driftwood

We always buy store brand groceries. About the only thing I insist being name brand is Doritos. Store brand is not the same there. Of course, that's why I only get Doritos when they are on sale.

Liut likes this.
  8. BTExpress

Unfortunately, Publix doesn't have store brand of my favorite cereals, and they don't have any store-brand diet soft drinks comparable to Pepsi or Dr Pepper. If not for marrow bones for dogs, I'd almost never shop there anymore.

I miss North Carolina, where you actually had a choice of grocers (Food Lion, Harris-Teeter, Lowe's, Harvey's, Ingles (but no Ingles in Charlotte!).

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Driftwood

I've never mapped it out, but I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find an Ingles east of Hickory.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dear God ... Mac Fucking Donalds stands accused of "gouging"?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I had my first and last McRib on October 18, 2011 in Trenton. Worst fast food thing I've ever eaten.

upload_2023-11-29_9-59-18.jpeg

I Should Coco and Fred siegle like this.
  12. BTExpress

Cleveland/Shelby is the first one we always saw taking 74 to Tennessee.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted