1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm torn.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I admire his attempts to return to the air. I suspect he fears that if he announces his retirement and goes into the sunset, the V Foundation will lose its most ardent voice. He also loves doing the work.
    I hope he's able to stay connected to the public somehow. I know he's annoying. But he's a good human.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Just watched the documentary on him on ESPN. Man sometimes it got a little dusty, glad I was watching it by myself.

4. micropolitan guy

The MAAC started league play today (Marist @ Iona) and has a full slate on Friday. Can't remember league games starting this early.

Detroit is already 0-6 and will probably lose to Oakland tonight. How Mike Davis still has a job, now that his son is gone, is beyond me.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is there a more iconic image than some white dude in a Duke uniform with outstretched arms and indignant about a no call?

franticscribe and UNCGrad like this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Fuck Duke.

Good night, tonight. Enjoy them when I can.

8. micropolitan guy

That game was unwatchable between fouls, Arkansas' propensity to give the ball away and miss free throws and stoppages every 15 seconds or so.

Tried to watch CU-CSU too and the final 1:46 took about 20 minutes. Clutch, grab, put head down and drive, get bailed out by refs.

Haven't been to a game at Microville Tech for almost two seasons. They suck, once I'm home at night I don't want to go out again for an 8 p.m. tipoff, and the game as it is played today is generally awful.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

All basketball is played the exact same today.
    Isolation, screen, get around the screen, take to basket or kick back for three.
    I don’t remember the last time I saw a team press another team for more than 2 possessions.

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

For longtime ACC fans, the Rick Barnes anecdotes and quotes in Adam Lucas' GoHeels.com column this morning are pretty great. As someone who was at the Clemson-finishes-with-four game (and had tremendous seats as a student that day), this is quite a different Rick Barnes: Lucas: Memories - University of North Carolina Athletics

franticscribe likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That high screen out at the top of the key. Every fucking team from the NBA to my niece's junior high girls team does it. Every play.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted