1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

As uncomfortable as it is to say here on this board, I equate Trump voters to newspaper readers. That number is not going up anywhere other than where a bunch of old people already live or are moving to.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"In our nation's history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump. He tried to steal the last election, using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He's a coward. A real man wouldn't lie to his supporters. He lost the election. And he lost big. I know it, he knows it and deep down, I think most Republicans know it."
    ---Noam Chomsky

Just kidding, Dick Cheney said that

3. Twirling Time

i kinda envy Dick Cheney. He's immortal.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Honest to goodness, watching the ads on the Newsom/Desantis debate makes me want to puke.
    Why in the world did Newsom agree to debate both Desantis and Hannity?
    Newsom is kicking both their asses.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is how bad Trump is: He is opposed by Dick Cheney. The Trump-adjacent in this country and on this very board need to grasp this. Make Trump go away. Then hit me with your talk of limited government and all the other shit you worship. Bush? Ok. Reagan? Ok. They are the prices that democracy must pay. Until the most evil spawn of your klan goes away, you must shut up.

wicked, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah! 'Cause this board's about democracy!

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Trump certainly isn't.

Driftwood, garrow and SFIND like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If she doesn’t come out and say that, well, my nonexistent fandom will sink even lower.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

The only victories Trump can cite since 2016 are negative ones. He lost the 2016 popular vote in the first place, and his 2022 House "red wave" after a very favorable GOP redistricting based on the 2020 U.S. Census was just a ripple.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nikki Haley just got Koch Brothers money and access to their machine. That's huge for her. Money, access, ground game, advisers.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And she’s still gots no shot.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not until something takes down Trump. When that happens, no one else is going to have the ground game and access to the ballot that she will. The R's will need someone. DeSantis is a sweaty little toad with zero charisma. That herd is thinning quickly.

Three of Trump's lawyers have testified that they told him that if he didn't return the documents he would go to jail, and he played three card monte with the banker's boxes while they searched for docs to return. That gets to proving Trump's intent, which was the tough part of making the case. He's in real trouble on that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted