1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought the DeSantis/Newsom debate was pretty interesting.
    You had two people well-versed in what their parties believe in, making their cases for said beliefs. Sorta throwback in a way.
    The fact that neither will be on the ticket allowed for a debate about the parties, not the people. Sure, it was as fortifying as cotton candy, but it was different than anything we've seen in years and I think it would be interesting to do it again with other party leaders who aren't running. Say, Mike Pence v. Hillary.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The number of times I see, "Just remember, folks, a whole lot of people will be turning 18 soon . . . " as some kind of optimistic harbinger of a Democratic wave makes me want to pull my hair out.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Abby could've chosen a thousand people before blinking twice and Screaming A is who she gave 7 minutes to?

HanSenSE, franticscribe and Liut like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Republicans in Congress think George Santos' crimes are worse than Trump's. Think about that for a moment. They believe that is not okay for a criminal like Santos to stay in office....but okay for Trump to return. Help us make sure that doesn't happen.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm anxious to see the House roll call vote to see if my rep voted to oust him. Seeing as how she herself is a criminal*, I'd say she thinks Santos is just doing good business.

*Rep and her husband ran a pharmacy busted for rebranding Chinese drugs as Made in the USA and selling them to the people who ultimately elected her. She and her husband were the only officers of the pharmacy. She claimed to not know anything about it. He went to prison. She went to congress. Then, of course, when hubby got out of jail, the governor appointed him to the state pharmacy board.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Screaming A did a good segment there, didn't he?

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

More than you might think. Newsom isn't dumb, it just takes a minute for the intelligence to work its way through the hair gel.

For Hannity, it's ratings. NPR pointed out there's a bromance going on between Hannity and Newsom.

For DeSantis, he's floundering and will very soon be irrelevant nationally except when Florida does something batshit in the ongoing fight to protect assholes.

For Newsom, he's already posturing for 2028. He wants nothing more than to run now, but he knows how the game is played. And with the primaries and general election about to get going, his ability to run a shadow campaign is going to take a hit. So this was a chance to get noticed by people one more time and it was also as a launching point to go full surrogate for Biden. The president needs to run a center-left campaign to keep Pennsylvania, Nevada and Arizona. But he needs someone to be the face of the progressive wing that isn't going to turnoff independents automatically (like an AOC might).

maumann, qtlaw and HanSenSE like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was he articulate and not scream? Yes.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That could be entertaining and would have a lot more substance than any debate with Trump in it.

qtlaw likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted