1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Last I talked to him back in 2012, he was working for the Obama campaign. Good guy.

matt_garth and I Should Coco like this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

LOL — didn’t realize you met/knew him.

When you asked for a NW basketball player, he’s the first name that popped in my head.

Hermes likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. The inevitable result of 20-game league schedules. Gotta play some of 'em in December.
    The issue with Northwestern-Purdue is also about day of the week, which is a secondary consequence of expansion. And the necessity of feeding the Big Ten Network.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Just an appetizer for Purdue completing the New Jersey trifecta by losing to 7-27 NJIT in the round of 64.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Bucknell 76, Penn State 67. Think the Bison will see the inside of the Bryce Jordan Center again for the next decade?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Villanova lost to Drexel today, St. Joe's by 13 on Wednesday, and Penn earlier in the year. Not great!

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Academy Award to the kid who drew the foul on the Yale inbound play.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Jesus. Just throw the in-bounds pass at someone, or throw it out to half-court or beyond. Somebody would have chased it down and touched it, ending the game.

I thought those Yake guys were supposed to be smart.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Also, on the ensuing inbound, the Vermont player moves his feet. Shouldn't that be a travel?

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not after a made basket, the guy inbounding the ball can move as much as he wants along the baseline.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

After losing interest in college basketball the last few years other than the alma mater, for some reason I’ve been glued to so many games this season. The product seems better again for some reason. Probably just my mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted