1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Texas Tech QB Tyler Shough headed to Louisville. Started at Oregon in 2018, went to TTU in 2021. Going to be a seven-year guy and 25 before all is said and done.

2018: Redshirt

2019: First year of eligibility.

2020: Free Covid year.

2021: Second year of eligibility.

2022: Third year of eligibility.

2023: Redshirted after four games, year of eligibility preserved.

2024: Final year of eligibility.

Thankfully that stupid free year of eligibility for Covid has almost run its course.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  2. micropolitan guy

Wyoming gets stuck in this horseshit game the second year in a row. The announcing team is a clownshow.

3. micropolitan guy

The thing about a 32-team super college conference, made up of big boys used to winning almost every game: Somebody has to be the Jets. Somebody has to be this year's Patriots. Somebody has to be the Commanders, Panthers and Titans.

Lots of programs used to winning, won't. As an outsider who reveled in lousy years by Penn State, Washington, Notre Dame, USC and Alabama earlier in this century, that will be a wonderful thing to see. A 2-10 or 3-9 season won't play well at these kinds of places.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Obligatory response:

Chef2, Captain_Kirk and maumann like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They will not be Talking Bout The Noles.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I will continue to say it -- if both of your redshirts aren't medical, you don't get the extra year. You don't get to set out to preserve eligibility, and then sit again to preserve elgibility.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I too was on the 7-year track at college but being smart and hard working, I overachieved and got it done in 6

8. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

So for all the commotion over whether or not James Madison would make a bowl game, then losing its coach, reports now say only four full-time coaches remain for bowl prep because all the other coaches are following Cignetti to Indiana.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm gonna guess they both forfeited the chance to appear.
    And that makes me suspect neither team will be all that excited to participate in the actual game

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It'd be an amazing farce if they somehow got together and agreed to take a knee on every play for all four quarters.

Draft saved Draft deleted