1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, does McCarthy do a tell-all now like so many other retired trumplicans? Seems like a “no” to me. Guess it depends on how pissed off he is for getting thrown out and if he still thinks he can grift off the cult. What a maroon he was to cut all those deals for a few months of constantly getting kicked in the nuts.

When he leaves, it’ll be what, a 1-2 vote margin for the trumplicans? Is there any chance they get anything done? Avoid a government shutdown? Ukraine aid? Israel aid? The basic functions of the House?

Seems like 2024 is gonna be the dumbest year yet.

wicked likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

2 votes. MTG, Boebert and Gaetz can literally shut down the GOP agenda now.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Do they flip or go to jail for the Mango Moron? The GOP chairman is on record saying that he talked on the phone to Trump about this.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They don't do anything anyway, so what does it matter?

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

They are also adamant the Hooters waitress is in love with them because she drew a heart over the bill total

matt_garth likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They think the god emperor will give them a Get Out of Jail Free Pardon card

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TIL that MAGA folks think Taylor Swift is a psyop program controlled by George Soros.

Webster and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"There is a fascist in Florida. For some people, the fascist is easy to see. Others don't see him at all. Some people say the fascist is tame. Others say he's vicious and dangerous. Since no one can really be sure who's right, isn't it smart to be as strong as the fascist? If there is a fascist."

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think there is another one scheduled to leave the House early in 2024, family matters of some sort.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So at the debate, Vivek said J6 was an inside job and DeSantis openly promoted the Great Replacement theory favored by white nationalists.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What I can’t wait for is the unauthorized bio on McCarthy. This guy clearly got his ass kicked throughout school — I can tell, I was like him there — who craved a chance to run things and would do anything to obtain it, even if it meant sucking lots of dick in parking lots. I feel bad for the guy. Maybe when you get thisclose to power and have it snatched away once before, which was his own fault fwiw, you get desperate to taste its lips again.

Draft saved Draft deleted