1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Never take gambling advice from @swingline.

2. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Fran McCaffrey says f*** you

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is a rough look for ISU’s coach. Was he unaware of what was happening in the stands when he got into this argument?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Penn State coming back from 18 down last night against Ohio State would seem to underline how bad the loss to Bucknell seven days ago really was.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They didn’t appreciate what he had done and they didn’t try to stop him.
    What’s interesting is that they have given Brownell a long runway, which is generally a good thing.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

North Dakota State up 91-11 on Oak Hills Christian, after taking a 60-5 halftime lead. OHC, out of lovely Bemidji, is in the National Christian College Athletic Association so I have no idea how either school thought it would be a good idea to schedule them against a D1 school.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I count a dozen D-I versus not-D-I games today alone.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The NCCAA is below the NAIA in terms of talent. But it's been a landing spot for a lot of Christian colleges transitioning from NAIA to NCAA.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

NDSU pulled it out 108-14.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good for Brownell. But that also implies that they give a crap about basketball.

Cliff Ellis resigned. Rick Barnes left to go to Austin, another place that obviously prioritizes basketball. Oliver Purnell left to try to revive ghosts at DePaul.

Not exactly a strong chain of events for a basketball program.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I like worm holes like this.

Oak Hills Christian is 2-8. Both of its victories came over Sisseton Wahpeton College, which is the first time I have ever heard of that school in my life. And that is rare.

Sisseton Wahpeton College is a Public tribal land-grant community college of the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate on the Lake Traverse Reservation in South Dakota.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had a similar experience earlier this month after hearing San Jose State's women's team beat Bethesda 122-28. First though: They flew out from Maryland for an asswhooping? Nope. Evangelical Christian NCCAA school in Anaheim.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted