1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No one vaxxed?

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Most of them should have gotten a flu shot because they come to work and give it to us. I can't say for certain whether they did or not.
    I don't know if any of them got an updated COVID booster. I did. I am the oldest male in our building, and I have prime time COVID in '20, so I'm getting the shots.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yawn. Capitalism at work for a tax writeoff (hi Ragu!).

I don't mind if it's going toward a good cause as long as the CEO isn't doing the stanky leg in the midst of Arlington National.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is some sort of bad news for some esoteric reason, but it sounds good to me.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2023/12/13/dow-jones-record-high-close/71910975007/

Good news for your 401(k): stocks are surging and the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at a record high Wednesday after the Federal Reserve said interest rates may go down in 2024.
    The Dow closed at 37,090.24, up 1.4% from the previous day. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite also climbed 1.4%, with the S&P 500 benchmark nearing its own record high.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It's all play money until it ends up in my checking account. At this point I assume none of it will.
    (I know you're much closer to cashing out than me.)

Driftwood likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Market's up and the sewer's stuck ... can't win for losing!

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A lot of Americans would probably rather have a 20,000 Dow, a $200,000 median home price and a $20,000 median new car price.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If there's anyone sure to have the pulse of the American voter, it's RTExpress.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Might as well say, "Americans probably would rather it be 1995."

Draft saved Draft deleted