1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I can't tell. Are you asking me that or are you saying something else?

If it's for me. ... I don't understand. What about her?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Don’t piss up a rope and tell me it’s raining.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He's no Beau ...

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Facebook screen grab ...

upload_2023-12-11_20-23-44.jpeg

5. The Big Ragu

Mano a Mano, I think Biden could have kicked the living shit out of Ackman when he was 78 (which was when that SALT Conference incident happened, if that is what you are talking about).

Not many people get the better of Ackman. ... he stole Brad Pitt's girlfriend. ... she's now his wife, and she is Israeli, FWIW, and I have wondered if that is the impetus for all of this from Ackman. ... or if it is just an instance of him needing attention / a reason to swing his. ...

But the one guy who did get the better of Ackman -- in a very public way -- was Carl Icahn when he squeezed Ackman on his mongo Herbalife bet and he then rubbed Ackman's face in it in public view (and it was the most glorious thing I have ever seen). Ackman's weakness is. ... old alpha male kinds of guys. i.e. -- men like Carl Icahn and Joe Biden.

I heard when that Biden thing happened, Ackman tried to apologize, and Biden did a Bidenesque "shut the hell up!" Ackman tries to punk people, and most people are intimidated by his smarminess. But when Biden got angry and did a "Who the hell is this asshole?" Ackman stuck his tail between his legs.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

These speeches all strike me as yet another way to say "Israel has the right to defend itself."

Of course it does. The question is how?

Thus does the call-and-response of the UN vs Israel Kabuki continue into its 75th season.

UPChip likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of students at upmarket colleges have some ideas.

Azrael likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted