1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm oblivious when it's not in blue font.

OscarMadison and doctorquant like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

But right-wingers don't like complaining about that group!

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Question: If the MAGA block controlled the house and senate on Jan. 6, 2021, would they have confirmed Joe Biden’s electoral college win?

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In my experience, faculty have far less interest in running the things they should be running (academics, for example) than the things they shouldn't.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Fatfuck regains power, any state attempting to enforce any legal handicaps-- penalties, fines, sentences, sanctions, directives, etc etc -- upon him will do so quite literally at its own peril.

Team Fatfuck has already adopted the operative philosophy that any attempt by any state to impede or inhibit his actions in any way would be illegal and unconstitutional interference with the exercise of executive power by the POTUS, and in addition the military authority of the Commander In Chief, fully empowering him to order those measures be neutralized By Any Means Necessary.

So much for the idea the state courts will save us.

6. doctorquant

The MAGA bloc? Of course not. Republicans in general? Most likely? Maybe? I don't know. But what that has to do with this caterwauling (not from you) about how the Supremes are just itching to plug Trump back into the White House escapes me.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Cool …

I think the “caterwauling” is overhyped when it comes to the Supremes (their job isn’t subject to the MAGA electorate), but I also believe we are teetering on the edge.

A sitting Congress that would reject election results would end America, and that you recognize it’s not a certainty the GOP would do the right thing should be an eye opener.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I feel like my comment was taken at face value, despite my inclusion of the Bowling Green Massacre.

9. doctorquant

Gotcha. Believe me, yours are a drop in the bucket to which I refer.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He's definitely slipping. Used to be every eight.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know @Starman's not the best message carrier about this sort of thing -- but you're not paying attention if you don't think he's right about this. Like Al Gore said the other day and Hillary last week before him, Donald Trump has told us exactly what he's going to do so we would be wise to believe him.

wicked likes this.
  12. doctorquant

It's also an admission I have absolutely no interest in playing that particular parlor game of counterfactuals.

Draft saved Draft deleted