1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder why they thought this was a necessary step.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Where's Beavis? Butthead needs to get smacked down ... again.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He'll claim he has unlimited authority to do so as commander in chief.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Remember when one of the biggest "issues" with Hillary Clinton's runs for the Presidency was her apparent "lack of likability." With the GOP, it seems to be their biggest asset. Particularly Ramaswamy.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean WTF

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Michael Tomasky:

"...they know very well what a morally filthy reprobate Trump is. They know he’s a crook. They know he bilked contractors at his hotels. They know he lies as regularly as he breathes. They know he tried to steal the 2020 election. They know he took classified documents. They know that he’s committed sexual assault .....That they possess this knowledge is precisely why they have to dirty up Biden. They have to confuse the country’s swing voters into not being sure which candidate is the more corrupt."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/impeachment-more-elect-biden-anything-020356917.html

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think I'd have a better shot in a GOP Congressional primary of winning if I attacked the GOP incumbent of not going "far enough" than saying they've gone "too far." Really, it's been a very ineffectual session with a lot of infighting and performative antics - the actual getting business done part seems to be an afterthought. (Though I do give Johnson credit for not pushing a budget shutdown and getting the deal done).
    The interesting question is whether the current Congress has the votes to impeach Biden - which will cost them the majority and not help Trump much at all (if anything it will hurt his chances). I have to think they will play out the process to get them through primary season, then dump it.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Where, exactly?

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted