1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Anybody else see/hear an update about the person who rammed a car into Biden’s motorcade earlier tonight? AP had a brief on it earlier but no update … like whether it was a random DUI in Delaware or some half-assed attempt to get at Uncle Joe.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

According to CNN, Secret Service didn’t deem it a threat. I think their story even called it unintentional. Possibly a weather related crash?

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Can you imagine being the poor sod who simply has a careless fender bender with the Presidential motorcade? Secret Service bailing out of cars with submachine guns, people running all over. Yeesh.

Hermes and Driftwood like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I think if a presidential motorcade is anywhere within about 10 miles of you, you should have a pretty goddamn good idea something is going on and you probably need to pay attention to traffic signals, blinker lights, cop cars, etc etc. Which I would hope you might pay attention to in the first place.

sgreenwell and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Rubbish

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Years ago, SPC said he didn't kid.

But, after facing serious blowback, he claims he was kidding about the "dictator for a day" remark.

Given years of evidence, I know which way I think this is going. How about you?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Democrats had better take the House, then. Senate is almost a sure loss.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What a guy

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Unless you live in D.C., because motorcades there for various VIPs are a few-times-an-hour occurrence.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’ve lived a stone’s throw from DC for almost 20 years and I remember seeing exactly one motorcade with my own eyes — for President Ford’s funeral.

I’ve dealt with their resulting traffic debacles more times than I care to remember, but getting close enough to ram into one is an exceedingly rare occurrence.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Disagree. Forcing a vote on the impeachment of Biden with zero evidence is death to purple district GOP members of Congress. My guess is that they agreed to have unanimity on authorizing the inquiry with a promise that they won’t force a vote without overwhelming evidence.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted