1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Would have picked another C word, but clown also works. The absolute worst, most obnoxious "look at me!" figure in sports today. Maybe ever?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I still can simply not understand why (numerous) opponents don't simply order all their players, "you see that bitch out on the court while the game is going on, if you're within 30 feet from her (preferably from behind) you fuckin bulldoze her like a Mack truck."

Oooops!! Sorry Coach, I'm so so sorry! (Snicker snicker!) Didn't see ya there, because After All, it is Explicitly Against The Rules For A Coach To Be On The Court During Live Action!! Have a good ride to the ER clinic!! Hang on now, I gotta go shoot the technical foul shots!!

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Some interesting scores from last night, as some schools opened early Christmas scheduling gifts:

Drexel beat Penn State 117 - 49. Well, Penn State - Greater Allegheny.

Texas A&M - Commerce beat Arlington Baptist 130 - 53.

Youngstown State beat Westminster 117 - 45.

Ohio beat Defiance 108 - 28. Apparently, not a lot of defiance in Defiance.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

They'd call the technical on LSU's opponent.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You mean Penn State-McKeesport, which had been its name from the day it opened in 1952 until 2006, when the board of trustees decided that McKeesport was too run down and ghetto to be associated with the PSU brand any longer and changed the name. Oddly enough, Penn State-Scranton, located in another bombed out, old industrial town, retains its name. Gee wonder why................

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Somebody mentioned this on FB, and it's really not that outlandish. I wonder if they have a "season inside the locker room" documentary in the works, and Reese and Mulkey and the bunch of 'em are trying to add some shock value to the show.

It's been awhile since I've been there, but I think Scranton vs. McKeesport is a strained comparison.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At which time if you're the opposing coach it's time to yank your team off the floor and storm out the door. Then in the postgame press conference immediately accuse the refs of fixing the game.

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I've lived in Texas for 55 years, and most of those within 90 miles of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, and I have never, ever heard of Arlington Baptist University until this very moment. After digging a bit, I read that the president of the university was formerly the athletic director, which explains why he's wearing a mock turtleneck under a suit jacket in his photo on the school website.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

You have to sell it, like Jason Kidd did. (I could have sworn Chris Paul has done this too, but I can't find the clip online.)

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Buzz Williams is notorious for being way out on the court pretty much all the time, but he took it to a new level when one of his players got hurt against UVA a couple of weeks ago and he physically went out on the court and stopped play. Between that and Cory Alexander yelling at the refs from the broadcast table to get them to do a second review of an out-of-bounds call against Florida, it's been a season of new experiences for the Wahoos.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It would be worth it. They're probably losing anyhow.

Draft saved Draft deleted