1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Instead of sticking out your elbow and clipping the coach as you go by, line them up straight and take them out with a full body block. Put them flat on their ass, or face: the absolute best is to get them from behind when they're watching the ball on the other side of the court.

Also it's important to cut them off from the sideline -- don't allow them the escape route of backing off the court as they see you coming. Put em down on the floor a good couple steps inbounds so all the photo evidence shows them heaped on the court clearly inbounds.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“Starman’s therapist” would make an amazing SNL sketch.

3. Starman

It kinda seems unseemly to be devoting this much thought into roughing up a 61-year-old lady, but ya know what, if the 61-year-old lady would just keep her ass on the sidelines where the rules specify she should be, she'd be safer than a cathedral.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Who's the lady in this story?

5. Starman

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Just post up behind her, between her and the sideline, and then have a teammate pass you the ball.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I shouldn’t feel bad for Notre Dame, but fuck…

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Having been through both recently, it's not. Both are the pits that no one would want to relocate to, even for a couple of years for education. Scranton gets love because of The Office.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Reading…

Shit City

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Inner-city Reading? You bet. Some nice suburbs, though.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I had an overnight stop in Scranton last summer, and while we didn't explore the city much at all, I was surprised by how nice it seemed. Granted, most of what I was reacting to was the pretty mountains, but I expected a complete shithole and it didn't seem like that was the case.

12. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Alabama are the champions of Close But No Cigar this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted