1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

YF just became unaroused and knows not why.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Next county up from mine passed a resolution 22-0 to encourage the state leg is ignore any federal law the state doesn’t like. It was pointed out the state could lose federal funding. “Oh, I don’t think they can selectively decide which states get money and which don’t.” “You want to selectively decide which laws to follow?” “Yeah, but we can’t be punished for it.”
    Yeah, you can. That’s how federal funding works, imbeciles. Carrot and stick, motherfucker.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means no state can ignore federal laws it doesn't like. Losing federal funds, a threat that's been used for the 21-year old drinking age and the 55 mph speed limit back in the '70s, is just one tool. Court orders enfoced by arms is another, as during school desegregation. It's not a path these people should want to even try to go down. It's real FAFO territory.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And oh yeah, your people will STILL pay federal taxes. haha.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Well, that's something. Wisconsin's gerrymandering might be the most ridiculous of them all.

Matt1735 and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. Driftwood

We’ve got this great big beautiful Article VI that nobody knows about. It says we can do pretty much whatever we want.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have created the worst possible candidate of all time! He is equal parts racism, misogyny, criminality, sociopathy and disloyalty. I call him....Trumpenstein!

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Like with highway funding. I can't remember the exact circumstances, maybe it was the 55 mph speed limit or 0.08 BAC thing, but the feds said, Sure, do what you want; we'll cut your funding.

I'm mangling the shit out of this. Maybe someone can help.

EDIT: @Michael_ Gee to the rescue, preemptively.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  11. Driftwood

I have a theory that anyone smart enough to be a county commissioner is smart enough not to be a county commissioner.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Texas was the last state to put in an open container law. The attitude seemed to be that every Texan had a God given right to drive with a beer between his legs to keep his nuts cool. The law was passed because the Feds were about to cut off Federal highway funding.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and swingline like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted