1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Anyone know the o/u on Rangers-Oilers? It was 1-0 Rangers after one and 4-1 Oilers midway thru the third before they hung on for a 4-3 win after the Rangers scored in the last second. If it was 6.5, that's some funny shit. Unless you had the under.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Vegas Insider does have it at 6.5. Your local odds may vary.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If you parlay all three, it's +192 on DK. Boosted to +231 with a promo. I'll give it whirl.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We do have Dallas at Nashville tonight so curious to see how that’ll play out.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It’s this afternoon, and it’s 0-0 after one. If you need a sure thing to miss, just have me bet it.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cosmo likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nashville hit tho

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Islanders/Hurricanes both to score in 2nd: Hits
    o1.5 goals for 2nd period of Islanders/Hurricanes: Hits
    Senators/Penguins both to score in 2nd: Hits
    o2.5 goals for 2nd period of Senators/Penguins: Hits

Dumpster diving yields a Christmas miracle! And presents! :D (It's just pizza money but still fun)

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ugh.
    I really liked Troy (-7.5) this morning figuring it was a de facto home game, they were excited to be there, and Duke was playing with a backup QB — all the ingredients you look for in these kinds of games.
    I really liked South Alabama vs. Eastern Michigan tonight for a lot of the same reasons — playing in its home stadium, against a reasonably shitty team, and fired up for a celebration. Only the big point spread (-16.5) scared me off so I stayed away and bet on Troy instead.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Grinding out the O44.5 on a game you can’t watch because fuck Peacock…would not recommend

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

OK, looking for thoughts, non-binding advice, etc.

I have a four-teamer for college bowls and have hit the first three. Game 4 is Tuesday (Bowling Green-Minnesota).

I picked all dogs, so my $5 bet would pay $525 if BG wins.

Normally, not someone who hedges, because I follow the gambling commandments of the Wizard of Odds (Thou shall not hedge), but thinking about it.

Adding intrigue, it's part of a contest on the online app I'm on for college bowl season. The 20 players who hit the bets with the longest odds win a share of 10K (4K for first).

There are a lot of games (and bets) left to go, but this would put me well in front. Of course, I have no idea what others have bet or will hit.

Would you? If so, how much. For the record, MN is -189.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Loss, win, win.

I was a little worried with the two of them in the same game. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted