1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They’ll be digging up Burt Reynolds next.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Nah, he's "Gator" bait.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

South Alabama pummels Eastern Michigan 59-10 to win the 68 Ventures Bowl, USA's first bowl win. After the game was over and the USA team was on the sideline singing their Alma Mater with the band, an EMU player ran up and sucker punched a USA player and a brief but enthusiastic brawl ensued.

The guy who committed the face mask clocked the guy he was tied up with. Ran up and hit him in the back of the head. He then got his ass kicked thoroughly. No clue what set him off unless he was roughed up on the USA sideline after the facemask. I have not seen any video that stays on that.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Buddy/Burt played for FSU in the 1950s.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I know. Burt was occasionally on the sidelines when Bobby was coaching.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

USA! USA! USA!

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

With only two scholarship RBs, two scholarship TEs and one of the starting tackles already transferred. The showcase is only about how much of an ass whipping can he take. Rodemaker is honestly a fringe FBS/FCS type player. He was one of Norvell's first recruits when he got to FSU and needed more arms to get through practice. Kid was a loyal four-year players that rarely got on the field, but he'll never compete for a starting spot at FSU, so I can't blame him for leaving.

So FSU is down their starting QB, RB, two WRs, two TEs, and a tackle on offense, their starting EDGE and at least one DT, plus rotational guys at DT, DE and LB on defense. I have no clue how the Seminoles will score unless Carson Beck gives them a freebie,

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still plenty of time for enough Georgia speed racers to get booted for clocking in at 125 mph.

maumann likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The first responder bowl ran out of alcohol by halftime

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

But enough about traffic on I-285.

maumann and Batman like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Report from the @FRBowl concession line: they’re sold out of everything except water, popcorn and nachos. 2nd half will be Lord of the Flies on the #TXST side.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The C-USA officials in the TSU-Rice game called about 100 penalties and screwed up about 1/3 of them.

Now Kansas has five or six PFs in one half against UNLV, whose QB can't throw the ball more than five yards downfield.

Draft saved Draft deleted