1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That's what you think, sucka.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Quick update.As far as ill effects go, I am not to bad off. Slow improvement, less coughing, no sore throat this morning and I believe I could wrestle a kitten to a draw if allowed the use of a folding chair. Had a virtual meet with my PCP yesterday and he advised against Paxlovid on the grounds I was already showing signs of recovery and the fact that 20 percent of those who take it suffer from "rebound," where shortly after the test negative and all seems well, covid strikes again.
    PS:Thanks for the kind words and good wishes, everyone, and a special shoutout to micropolitan for liking something I wrote.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I felt funky Sunday, scratchy throat slight congestion. Tested negative Sunday night. Was fine all day Christmas and went to a family gathering. Wonk up today mildly congested and achy. The home test came back positive within a minute.

FML.

This is round 2, within a week of being exactly a year apart. Got boosted in September.

Mild fever, body aches and enough congestion to give me a sinus headache. Otherwise I’m fine. Just pissed. Wife is negative but something tells me I either got it from her or my boy. She has a lingering cough that sounds bad at times but she’s fine. My son had a strange fever last week but was perfectly fine also apart from it. Really wish I had tested him. Will be curious if his daycare announces its closed.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The FBS record for most penalty yards in a game is 238, by Arizona State in 1961. The record for most accepted penalties is 24. Kansas is threatening both of those.

7. Spartan Squad

So you’re saying there is someone worse off than me at the moment…

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Got-DAMMIT!
    Personal foul ... Posting to the wrong thread ... 15 yards and an automatic first down.

maumann, dixiehack, Cosmo and 2 others like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Nah, just an offside penalty, unabated to the thread topic.

10. Spartan Squad

So I’m not really that bad and I’m the grand scheme of things, it’s only been a week, but I’m stir crazy. My second round of Covid has been more boredom than anything. I had what amounted to a run-of-the-mill sinus infection for a couple days and I’m fine. Honestly, if I hadn’t tested, I would have thought it was just a normal cold.

Long story short, I feel fine, but I’m not testing negative. Has anyone else found themselves testing positive but having no symptoms after a couple of days? It wasn’t like I randomly took a test, I legit had something but I can’t seem to shake it.

11. Spartan Squad

On second thought, I just needed to wait an extra day…

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I had something similar when I caught my first (confirmed) case in August 2022. I was told that the dead virus can still linger in your system for a week or so and keep setting off positive results. Unfortunately, I only learned this after multiple visits to the only clinic in Omaha that did the kind of test Hong Kong wanted in the right amount of time ... for US$300 a test.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted