1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sure looks like fun out there, doesn't it? The Fenway Bowl is a completely stupid idea.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hokies have a history of starting the wrong QB. Thank goodness! /HendonHookerFanboi

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11 am kickoff? I'm surprised the teams aren't wearing shamrock helmets like they do on marathon day.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As a Power Five football player, would I not be depressed playing in an atmosphere like this? Like, is that all there is?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shit, how about being SMU, which won nine straight games to end the year and won its league, and this is the reward? Oof.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is why they joined the ACC.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

When ESPN makes the mistake of showing the actual seats, it's pretty pitiful.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'd think if you played for BC it would be pretty neat to play in Fenway.

Too bad the weather sucked. Even if football isn't big in the NE, and is the No. 2 sport at BC, it probably would have drawn a decent crowd.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's such an overlooked bowl there are no AP pics from it

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

One of these days Miami is going to turn their top 10 classes and monster NIL payouts into something more than whatever they are now

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Miami’s recovery of an onside kick points out one of the biggest statistical differences between college and NFL games. In FBS this year, 19% of onside kicks have been recovered by the kicking team. In the NFL, the rate is 5.6%. Difference stems from a rules change in the NFL in 2018.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is a rout.
    Wake me up when Zona-OU starts.

Draft saved Draft deleted