1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Crazy Alamo Bowl.

Arizona leads 13-0

Oklahoma leads 24-13

Arizona leads 38-24

And another tear for the demise of the Pac-12.

Batman likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would love to see what happens next year when OU turns it over 6 times in a game.
    No, really. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT.
    It’s not that I have an irrational hatred towards those wagon-driving hillbillies…….I have those feelings towards the entire state.
    The best thing about that festering stink hole is seeing it in the rear view mirror.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Funny ... that's my school the last two seasons. Maybe losing both wasn't so bad ...

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Loved watching Arizona games this season, that was a fun team. Would be amazing if the reconfigured Big 12 had a championship game next year along the lines of Arizona-Kansas.

Football championship game, just to be clear.

I Should Coco and Chef2 like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Betting is the only thing making it interesting. And live betting only. Pre-game bets have been a disaster because a season's worth of trends are basically thrown out the window because half of these teams don't look anything like they did a month ago.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Today's card is the first one where I might be interested enough to watch more than snatches of the games, and that's almost surely because my children and grandchild are leaving today.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's not 'rot-sea'?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That Pop-Tart looks a little too happy that he (or she) is about to be burned to a crisp and then eaten.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The rot-sea pronunciation is very common. I have no idea whether Hart was ever in the service, but the military uses acronyms profusely, and in many cases finds ways to pronounce them as words rather than as a string of letters. That's easy when it's SEAL instead of S-E-A-L, but when it's CINCSUBPAC or something it still gets pronounced as a word.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but eating that poptart beats the hell out of having ten gallons of mayo dumped over your head.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nothing catches your attention like hearing the Gator Bowl announcers continually mentioning Clemson’s Wade Woodaz.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is for all the Pop-Tarts.

Draft saved Draft deleted