1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Pop-Tart bowl missed out by not having Tate McRae perform at halftime (think about it).

[​IMG]

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She sure looks like a Pop tart.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve come to begrudgingly accept the bowl opt-out trend. But what is up with healthy guys who declare they aren’t playing but make the trip to hang out in street clothes? Nuh uh. Hitchhike and buy a ticket for all I care, but this trip is for members of the team, which you have taken pains to no longer be.

BartonK, Vombatus, Slacker and 9 others like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The final half of the final quarter slayed it in the Gator Bowl. Five lead changes.
    I believe Kentucky committed four turnovers in the fourth quarter.
    Big win for the Big 12.

dixiehack likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ahem ...

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I went to the Fenway Bowl. I’ve always wanted to go to a bowl game and until I’m in a place where I can afford to go to one of the big ones, it will do. My father also used to tell me stories about watching the Patriots games at Fenway Park so I figured maybe experience what he did at one point.

The good thing about it not being well-attended was that I could move to another seat. A few minutes into the game, some “We stand for the whole game” assholes were in the row in front of me. This wasn’t the student section where you expect that sort of thing. These guys were mid to late 20s, big guys, maybe former players or young high school coaches. I asked them to sit. They refused, saying they paid for the seats and could do whatever they want. Somehow the fact I paid for my seat and I didn’t pay for a view of their asses didn’t matter to them. Since there were plenty of other seats, I eventually found one, sat in it and enjoyed the rest of the game. I bothered me and what’s wrong with people that they just don’t give a shit about anyone else?
    Then again, maybe I’m the ignorant one who doesn’t understand the traditions of arriving late and drunk and standing for the whole game.
    However, I guess it just wasn’t worth dying on that hill, perhaps literally, since they were way bigger, younger and fitter than I am.

That aside, I enjoyed it and was glad to be there.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

the “stand for the entire game” assholes are among the worst

2muchcoffeeman and Smallpotatoes like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think my bowl pool entries now qualify for FEMA funding. Honestly, betting on these bowl games should not be allowed between the portal, the sit-outs, and the coaching changes.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

1). Is it really a tradition in some places?

2). Am I correct in assuming my only choices were to move or suck it up and accept I’m going to be staring at some’s back for the whole game?

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Disagree. If you're aware of these factors and still bet, isn't that your fault for being stupid enough to put money on the event?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

aTm is the only place standing comes to mind.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Am I alone in thinking MIZ gets the ZOU kicked out of them tonight?

Draft saved Draft deleted