1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This seems like a "no middle ground" decision. Either it works out or it's a shitshow.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Hugh Freeze looks awful. Nashville appears to have gotten the better of him.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why is Abdul still in the game?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hmm. Terps. Wow.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m at Bama’s once-a-year basketball game in downtown Birmingham. Woman in front of me is watching the Music City Bowl on her phone and cackling.

Hermes likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I didn’t think he was very good in high school. If his last name wasn’t Kitna I don’t think he’d be this looked at

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm growing weary of the idea that everything in the PSU offense is at fault except for Allar. When they run into rough times, he does little to improve the situation.

I will say receivers like Kiffin has would make Allar look considerably better.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Penn State doesn't have a yard caught by a wr and we are in the 4th q. Is that correct?

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Looks like a normal Penn State game against a ranked team to me.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They need Julian Fleming to "come home" to finish his career, for starters. And pound the portal for a few more established WRs, even though that route didn't garner much last time.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

James Franklin will somehow turn this into a 15-year extension.

Chef2 likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

All I hear about from Penn State fans year round is what an elite recruiter Jimbo Franklin is. Stars this. Rivals.com ranking that. yet in big games all I see from those same people are excuses about how they don’t have X or Y player because reasons. You can’t have it both ways, especially since he’s been there for eight years at this point.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted