1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Our biggest problem isn't transplants' politics, it's because they retire here because of low taxes. When it's time to talk taxes to build schools for the future, they get real vocal and pissy, so nothing happens, and all our best and brightest young people keep on moving on.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Here’s the thing I observed toward the end of my 12 years of living in Coeur d’Alene Idaho: by the time I moved out in 2021, the newcomers were way more conservative than the born-and-raised North Idahoans. Way more.

What you have now is longtime local officials being rooted out of jobs and elected positions because they’re RINOs or “too California” by rabid Trumpers who themselves moved from California or Seattle within the last 5 years. It’s a beautiful area but an ugly, ugly place politically.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Boebart is 'a 37-year-old grandmother,' according to one news source. I laughed even when I typed that.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From talking to family and friends in the hometown, part of it is guilt by association (“They’re from California, they must be liberal! Herp derp!”).

The other part is more tangible. Because there is such a disparity in property values, people from California (or Chicago or the Northeast) can save money personally but still bid up real estate prices out of the reach of locals, who continue to get paid crap wages.

Driftwood and I Should Coco like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yep. Disproportionate

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I recently taught an uncle and nephew pair … in the same class.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm more than a little bit tired of all the "HOW WILL THIS AFFECT THE TRUMPERS" and ignoring the majority of the population.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I am super sick and tired of flunktionaries from the Clinton and Obama administrations simpering and pontificating about how Democrats have to be super extra careful not to offend the tender feelings of the MAGGATS.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Exactly right. Locals will struggle to get the financing for even a relatively modest house, then see their offer turned down because someone from California wants to buy it and can pay with cash.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I think making a political point is different from making a constitutional or moral point.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mean - Trump LOST the last election, THAT encouraged him to do his best to rip the country apart. Honestly, put him on the ballot, don't put him on the ballot - but follow the laws of this country. Its so funny hearing MAGA though says 'but they're not giving him due process' , 'he wasn't found guilty' - and we've seen how they respond when he's given his due process. And yet they seem to have REAL problems with the 'due process' we are giving people who cross the southern border.

Let's be real, the biggest threat of Trump being off the ballot is his supporters would have trouble spelling his name.

Draft saved Draft deleted