1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't follow college football closely.

Is this Penn State qb a fill-in because QB1 opted out? Because this guy sucks.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think any clear-minded fans, PSU or otherwise, can see that Franklin recruits in the 10-14 national range, and turns out teams in the 10-14 national range. Cue Denny Green.

Oh, this is QB1, my friend. The Future. Savior Du Jour.

Batman and poindexter like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Some dipshit actually thought to bring that hoop. What if they got smoked? God the SEC is insufferable.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe it's time to acknowledge that Lane Kiffin is a pretty darn good college football coach.

And man, there has been some talent in the USC quarterbacks room recently. Trojan diasporas are excelling all over the country.

TigerVols, jr/shotglass and dixiehack like this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

not just that. He was the no 1 qb and the no 3 player in the Class of 2022

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And the amount of hype surrounding him in the preseason before he ever started a game was quite frankly unfair.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's certainly possible. I have seen nothing of the kid. OTOH, Dilfer, Mortenson, and Coleman are all very good with QB's. Even in Dilfer's first season, with all the talent that graduated/transferred/portaled out and an OL which was thin to poor, Jacob Zeno was setting school QB records. He turned down an $800k P5 NIL deal to stay with this staff for his senior year because of how he has been developed.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think that level for Kitna is probably more his speed -- when I saw he was going to Florida, I was really surprised because I didn't think he was an SEC-level QB, let alone one that would be going to one of the league's power programs.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

STILL like it when Penn State loses.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Exactly my thought midway through the game. If you're not an Ole Miss follower, a fan might generally think of Kiffin as a renegade and a used-car salesman by reputation. But he seems to run a solid show.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Where are you taking her on your first date?

Chef2 and poindexter like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I thought there was something funny about the stadium playing Sweet Caroline and stopping the song at "Reaching out, touching me"

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted