1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Making a broader point. Like the ridiculous diner stories.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oregon’s full. Californians go home.

I saw lots of those bumper stickers when I lived in the PNW.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought only liberals mocked large groups of people!

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I actually don't think the country would be ripped apart if Trump were removed from the ballot on a national scale. I think we're looking for ways to remove him, and that that happening would be best for everyone, and finally allow us, hopefully, to move on. And I think his "base" of supposedly loyal devotees would act...oh...just like Trump does. Once he was removed as a viable possibility, he would become a persona non-grata.

It might actually wake some of these people up, get them thinking about somebody else, considering other options, and, again, moving on.

Trump has nothing to offer us, except more trouble, and that point needs to be made -- clearly, harshly and repeatedly -- until something definitive happens and that fact is understood by everybody, or, at least, by as many people as possible.

This is a man who hasn't even participated in a debate. Why? Because he's afraid to. Even he knows how bad he would look/sound if there were anything or anyone at all by which to measure\compare him at a time when that is the actual point of the exercise. How serious or great do these people really think he is? They're backing a straw man and need to have that fact put front and center before their eyes so that it can't be taken any other way. It is the only thing that might get through.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  5. WriteThinking

Or, the other thing that might happen is, the Trump enthusiasts won't vote, which would be a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

They wouldn't be writing their candidate's name in, for sure, and they wouldn't be participating in the election at all, which would probably be no great loss.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Let 'er rip. Better now then next November.

WriteThinking likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

“Happy New Year to you too … in jail!”

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. But, again, you're dealing in your own personal ideology.

I hate Trump, and all the other fascists, too, but, at this point, ideology talk is cheap. ... Reality, folks. Focus on the reality.

Dems have to stop spouting ideological pipe wishes and go hard on the attack points of reality now: Fascist candidates, corrupt GOP "leaders," false promises, no skills for governing, all that shit. Push the reality attack, push it hard, and push it hard all the way through November 2024.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, but George Bailey hoodwinked all the townfolk to give him donations and, of course, avoided jail.

I Should Coco and maumann like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Woody Long likes this.
  12. WriteThinking

I believe that's kind of what I suggested in the second part of my post. But, yes, as you said, good luck with that.

The Democrats aren't doing any down-and-dirty campaign -- Chris Christie is doing a better job attempting just what you're suggesting than any Democrats, and for that I have thanked him, multiple times. The Democrats are still focused on keeping the focus on themselves, and being clean, fair, professional, and above all, normal, in their attempt to show that Biden is not like Trump. But, so far, at least, it doesn't seem to be working.

We need Trump to be off the ballots.

Draft saved Draft deleted