1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Love Baranski's line delivery in basically everything she's done.

jr/shotglass and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching the Gary Gulman stand up special which just came out on Max -- absolutely fantastic.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Where did you see it is a Celtics owner's idea?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Love Abigail Spencer

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I have not run out of Christmas movies so much as I have reached the limit of my tolerance for them. There are two that really need to be consigned to my cinematic dustbin. They are green eggs and ham and no Sam-I-Am will ever convince me they are good: It's A Wonderful Life and Christmas With The Kranks. First of all, there's nothing wrong with being an unmarried librarian, ELIA! Second, Nora and Blairey make my slapping hand itch. Thing is, I love the holidays, but The Kranks makes my heart shrink three sizes. According to this movie, it's okay to bully people into being jolly. blerg. I need to watch Noelle for mind and spirit bleach.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Two shows I watched this week that I enjoyed were the final episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel on HBO and the Dick Van Dyke 98th birthday celebration on CBS.

Both evoked fond memories of outstanding TV.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This looks cool.

Tighthead likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’ve been watching The Firm on Amazon. It’s … OK. It is missing something, though, that keeps it from even being good. I’m 16 or so episodes in, so, like the Chiefs season, I’ll ride it till the end.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

A Murder At The End Of The World - mildly entertaining show that's mostly vibes. Not essential viewing, but decent if you're looking for something in that genre, and want like a B- version of Devs.

We're halfway through season five of Fargo, which is considerably better. Juno Temple is crazy good, and Hamm is really good at being sleazy AF.

Finally convinced my wife to watch THE BEAR, and we binged through S1 in two days. Then again, it's roughly the length of a movie. Hulu really needs to fix their shit when it comes to certain episodes, though. "Review," the intense 19-minute, single take bottle episode, now has THREE commercials. Hulu will sometimes do an extra long commercial at the start of an episode instead of commercials throughout - seems like that should be the default for that particular episode.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The end of Real Sports truly feels like an end, and not in a good way.

Also, why aren't all 29 seasons on Max? Would it be that hard? Watching the finale made me want to punch up a lot of old stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted