1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’m about three episodes in on season 2 of Reacher. Doesn’t seem as fun as season 1, the tone and lead character are somehow different. I think I’ll put it on the back burner for a while.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"All the Light You Cannot See" on Netflix. Watch it.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

A bit off the beaten path, but I started Way of the House Husband on Netflix. It’s an anime series about a former member of the Yakuza who wants a normal suburban life. It’s pretty funny.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If you watched Downton Abbey, that swerve was not exactly hard to see coming. It’s an incredibly well acted show and Mrs. W loves everything which Carrie Coon wears, but the show could be about twice as smart with very little effort.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I'm well into S1 of "Big Sky." How in the hell was I unaware of Katheryn Winnick all these years? What a beauty.
    Anyway, show grabbed me from E1 with the first encounters between the PI and the State Trooper. They keep coming up with surprises.
    I will keep watching.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

My wife and I quite enjoyed it from the perspective of Junk Food Network TV. It is outlandish enough to be entertaining. La Brea is the other example of this for both of us. (She also likes Manifest, but it was always too weirdly churchy for me to get fully on board.)

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

La Brea would be only mildly interesting to me, despite the fact I would recognize a lot of the places in the show.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Offer on Paramount+. I love docuseries and enjoyed this one. Really well-cast. Matthew Goode of all people does a great job as the uniquely-voiced Robert Evans (probably mumbling "Charlie Bluhdorn" in heaven). Fun, if overlong (didn't need so many scenes of the real-life gangster) and could have used more with the Brando and Pacino characters.

9. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

I haven’t heard or read any explanation of why Real Sports is going away. Poor ratings, I assume, but it was always stellar journalism, IMO. It’ll be interesting to see what some of that show’s correspondents, like Jon Frankel, do next. …

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I wanted to like this but I can’t. It’s very old school sitcomish and more stupid than funny. Cryer is still playing a version of Alan Harper.

If not for the cast, I would have bailed at the first commercial break of episode 2.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I found the 1-2 punch of the new Night Court and this show to be cringe-inducing last night. Done with both.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Season 5 of Fargo is a little trippy, much more so than anything in seasons 1-3.

Hamm has been great, revealing a touch more darkness each episode.

Scout and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted