1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, they push out seasonals so early now (they sent me the release for Jubelale on 9/13 this year) ... looking through the press releases I have gotten from them in the past month, they are pushing on their NA Black Butte for Dry January (this past Friday) and Red Chair Pale Ale (12/21).

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mean - I haven't even seen it in bars, places with a number of deschutes taps but no Juble.

3. spikechiquet

They have pulled back a lot of distro it seems. And, the downside of being a legacy brewery, people ignore them for "hype" or newer breweries. Their production has been going down for a few years now. 2018 - 315,000 barrels vs. 2022 - 255,000

4. DanOregon

I didn't know this - I know they bought Boneyard for their IPAs - happy for both in that instance. But Juble is "THE" winter seasonal I look forward to the most.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Like a fine liqueur in the cellar, this thread has aged well. A lot of beers that are no longer made that I miss, and a few that got overhyped that I tried and it was just alright.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

17 years.
    Is this a record?

wicked likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'd love to have a couple billion so I could reopen the Olympia brewery. Stay small, stay regional, revive a treasured regional brand. I know they are brewing Stroh's, henry's and Natty Boh again but I think they are all contract brewed and not at their original sites.

8. DanOregon

9. DanOregon

One of the nice perks of the slower sales - you can get a great sixer of beer for under $11 pretty much anywhere. Obsidian Stout.... underrated. The Jan, to Deschutes "Marcia" Black Butte Porter - very drinkable and a tad more potent. '

BTW - when the hell did Double IPAs become a thing? They are kicking my ass with regularity. Don't know if the micros are targeting people who require high ABVs or what but DAMN. 10 Barrels All Ways Down is an ass-kicker at 9 ABV. With hints of citrus and cannabis to boot. God Bless America.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I think the big thing for a year round high ABV IPA was Heady Topper becoming famous.

12. spikechiquet

Funny you should ask... DIPAs/Imperial IPAs are the fastest growing beer style right now. A big surge in sales has been in the C-Stone arena with grab-and-go 19.2oz cans.
    [​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted